How to improve eyesight the search term that has become one of the highest searched for in this digital age, while the Digital Age has made human life much simpler, easier, and comfortable than it was let’s say 30 years ago. This huge leap in just a few years has brought much of the world in the palm of humans. Today whatever you need you can find online from clothes to helicopters everything is bought and sold online.
Meetings are being held online and schools today are being conducted online, students are attending classes, giving exams from the living rooms in their houses. While it has helped make things a bit easier in this time of the pandemic, one part of our body has suffered a bit too, eyes. Long hours of screen time is affecting the vision of all from kids to adults everyone is struggling and the google search for how to increase eyesight has skyrocketed all around the world.
Long hours of continuous sitting in front of smartphones, computers are proving harmful for eyes around the world. Irritation, watery eyes, tiredness, dark circles have become the norm of the day. While there aren’t any proven treatments/ remedies for problems like myopia, hypermetropia, and astigmatism which require the use of correct eyewear. There are things through which one can enhance the sharpness of their vision and maintain good eye health as well. These are small things which we can do on our level, things which can help us answer the question “how to increase eyesight”?
Nobody likes wearing glasses to be able to see properly, everybody wants to see things properly, naturally as they are. Despite trying hard to avoid screens, it is impossible to do so in today’s day and age. People are working from home on their laptops, students are attending classes on smartphones, scrolling through social media has become the best medium to pass time. This lifestyle is hampering our eyesight and the need to learn how to improve eyesight has become prominent now than ever before.
How to improve eyesight?
● One of the best ways to keep your eyes healthy is to take care of the rest of your body if all the other parts of the body are healthy and working fine, this automatically helps boost your eyes.
● A good healthy diet rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A can help increase eyesight. A good healthy diet can help keep the sharpness of vision intact and help slow down vision loss due to aging.
● One of the easiest things you can do to increase eyesight is to have a good night’s sleep. A night of good sleep will give eyes ample time to rest and recuperate. Overtiredness is responsible for dry and strained eyes.
● A regular workout can help keep your eyes healthy. Being fit and working out increases the circulation of oxygen and blood to the eyes which helps reduce tiredness and dry eyes. Exercise will help you answer two questions how to increase eyesight and how to stay fit and healthy.
● It is important to protect your eyes from the damage UV rays could do to them, wear sunglasses while going out. It is also important to protect your eyes while doing any kind of activity that could damage the eyes.
● Smoking can cause damage to your optic nerves and there should be the first thing you should quit if your online search also includes how to increase eyesight.
● Eating foods like red peppers, carrots, broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, citrus fruits, strawberries can help you in maintaining your sharp vision and eye health. These foods are a rich source of Vitamin A, C, and E, antioxidants, and zinc all of which help prevent macular degeneration, a condition in which the macula which is the part of the eye responsible for central vision starts to deteriorate.
● Follow the 20-20-20 rule, which says after working on a computer or any other activity which puts strain on the eyes for 20 minutes, take a break and look at something situated 20 feet from you for 20 seconds straight, this exercise will help keep your vision sharp and help prevent dry eyes.
● Try and reduce your screen time. The blue light from computers and smartphones is really harmful to the eyes. The more amount of time you spend in front of them more dangerous that is for your eyes. Start with reducing 10 minutes a day and proceed from there.
● Visit the doctor for regular eye exams. Regular eye exams will keep you updated about your eye health and if there is anything particular you need to do to improve that be it a treatment or any other change in your lifestyle.
● Diabetic Retinopathy, a condition that develops in the patient suffering from Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. This causes the nerves in the retina to swell up, leaky or blocked, and could eventually lead to bigger problems like blindness. That is why it is recommended to keep a tight check on your diabetes. Keeping diabetes under control is very important to increase eyesight.
● Exercises like palming, blinking, rotation of eyes, convergence, and zooming exercises can help keep eyes healthy.
● After continuous hours of working in front of a computer remember to take a break and to wash your eyes with cold water, this helps refresh your eyes and mind and helps avoid hazy vision.
The eyes are a very important organ for humans and they must be cared for accordingly. You might think eating green vegetables, quitting smoking, exercising, and other things might not be helpful in increasing eyesight but they are. All the remedies mentioned in this article have proven to be helpful in addressing the issue of how to increase eyesight. There still aren’t any solutions available for Myopia, Hypermetropia but there are ways how to improve your eyesight that will help you avoid such problems.
Stay tuned with Newsazure for more updates.