Benefits of Camel Milk: Camel milk has been a nutritious source for nomads for years. Camel milk is rich in nutrients that are really beneficial for the human body. Camel milk has been catching up in the modern world too. Doctors, nutritionists have been advising it people for health benefits. There are actual health benefits of camel milk.
Camel milk is rich in iron, copper, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C, and Calcium all these are really essential for the body to stay fit and healthy. This is why its demand has been rising in big cities and many companies have started producing it commercially like cow milk. Camel has better nutritional value than cow’s milk it also has better chemical compounds than cow milk. Now that people in big cities are learning about the benefits of camel milk demand for it is rising as well.
This article will cover some of the benefits of camel milk along with some disadvantages.
A list of benefits of camel milk:-
● Camel milk helps with diabetes apart from being rich in nutrients camel milk is also a very good source of insulin and can help treat type 1 and 2 diabetes in patients.
● Camel milk is rich in many healthy nutrients and compounds as has been made clear by now, the compounds present in camel milk have antimicrobial properties which can be really helpful to your immunity. Consumption of camel milk can increase your immunity to a great deal.
● Camel milk is often recommended for malnourished children as it is a very rich source of protein even more than cow or goat milk. Since protein is the essential building block for growth, camel milk helps in the growth of organs and bones.
● Camel milk also contains healthy fatty acids which help bring down the cholesterol levels in the body and in turn promote heart health. It helps reduce cholesterol and improves blood circulation in the body and prevents heart problems.
● Camel milk is rich in iron which is essential for red blood cells, this helps improve blood circulation in the body and help prevent anemia.
● A cup of camel milk has 107 calories, 4.6 gm of fat, 5.4 gm of protein, 3 gm of unsaturated fat, 8 gm of sugar, and 11 gm of carbohydrates this is perfect to start your day rich in nutrients it helps keep you full and energized.
● Camel milk is said to be the closest to human mother’s milk with all the proteins and health benefits it helps promote growth and protects the body against many diseases.
● Camel milk can be a good alternative for people with lactose intolerance as it has less lactose content compared to cow and goat milk. Camel milk can be beneficial for those people and can be a very good source of nutrients for them.
● Camel milk is very easy to include in your diet it can replace almost all milk types it can be used in coffees, tea shakes taste may vary depending on the source you get it from but it can be included in your diet you don’t need a specific routine or schedule for it.
Now that the benefits of camel milk have been listed it is also important to know some of the disadvantages of camel milk.
1. The biggest downside of camel milk is that it is very expensive since camel produces way less milk than cow and its demand is increasing its price is also rising.
2. Camel milk may not be pasteurized, in most of the areas where it is consumed people consume it raw which is not advised by the doctors, it can lead to food poisoning.